Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Insanity and Buddies!!!

So I started doing the Insanity Workout Program with a co-worker this past Monday. We come into work each morning and talk about how well (or not so well) we did with the workout the night before and how we are feeling now. My co-worker, Todd, has become my fitness buddy. I will get into more details about that later.

But back to the Insanity Workout. One, it is called Insanity for a reason!!! The warm ups alone had me sweating and I really have to push myself to get through it. Tonight's workout (Day 3) was the Cardio Power and Resistance. I actually got through this one a lot better than I did the Day 2 workout. My favorite move on there are called Globe Jumps. I am thinking of making that February's Workout Challenge. We will see! But the workout is very intense and I burned about 600 calories in the first thirty minutes of Day 2 workout (I didn't make it through the last 10 minutes)!!! As I am sitting on my coach typing this, my thighs are sparking like crazy. I am going to do some squats in the morning.

Now to my workout buddy. We bounce ideas off of each other about healthy recipes and just making some good and solid lifestyle changes. We also make fun of some of the people on the workout DVDs. Todd, even stopped me from taring into a bag of chocolates yesterday (and I was irritated and it was that time). I didn't like him in that moment but I do surely appreciate it!!!

It is nice having someone go through the journey with you. If you do not have a workout or fitness buddy, I encourage you to get one. Honestly, if it hadn't been for our little "check-ins" in the mornings, I may not have even workout out tonight because I really did not feel like it. Now that I have done it, I feel great!

That is all for now. Until next time loves!!!!

Love, Fashion, and Wellness.

2 comments:

  1. Good on you Porsha! Those kind of workouts can drive you insane ;) I think it's brilliant you have a work out buddy to keep you motivated, it's lovely to know you're both helping each other through such a big challenge. Good luck to you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vivid!!! It is a help and I would recommend getting a buddy to anyone!!!

      Delete