Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Good Habits Are Addicting!!

I read a quote that said "Good habits are just as addicting as bad habit but they are much more rewarding". I can honestly say that this is so true!!!

I have been juicing my breakfast for over a week now. If I don't juice in the morning, I don't feel right (now if only I can get like that about exercising)! I was making my breakfast juice every morning and posting what I made on my Facebook page. A cousin of mine said that she would like to juice but she doesn't want to clean the juicer every morning. Initially, I said that cleaning the juicer every morning was worth it to me because I practically knock out all of my fruit and veggie servings all at one time. So, I decided to make a big batch of juice to last me through the week. I am sharing the recipe with you. This juice I am calling the "Everything But The Kitchen Sink Juice". I made up just under 2 gallons of this juice. That should last me until Thursday or Friday!

1 Bag of Kale Greens
1.5 Bags of Spinach
2 Cans of Pineapple (in pineapple juice)
1 Can of Peaches (in light syrup; pour off the syrup and rinse the pears with water twice)
4 Pears
2.5 Cantaloupes
1.25 Heads of Red Cabbage
1.5 Bunches of Radishes
2 Pints of Black Berries
2 lbs of Strawberries
1 Bag of White Grapes
4 Apples
7 Oranges
24 Carrots
2 Papayas
2 Pomegranates
4 Celery Stalks

It took quite some time to juice all of this since my juicer is not very big but it was worth it.

This is a picture of what the juice looks like in the two 1 gallon jugs that I have it in. The color is deceiving because the juice is very good.

Photo

What healthy food choices are you making for a healthier you?? Please share!!!

Until next time loves!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a great habit to get hooked on! I also notice that, when I force myself to do something good for myself (and why it is that we always have to MAKE ourselves do what's good for us? :P) for a couple weeks, it soon becomes a habit I'm very grateful for! I'm just getting to the habit stage with my Zumba exercise, and I always feel so great afterward!

    Thanks for sharing the juice recipe!

    ReplyDelete