Monday, January 14, 2013

Weight Loss Week 1 (Again)!

So, this week I have lost 0.2 lbs. That puts me at 267 even. Any amount of loss is still loss, so I am fine with that. Especially considering that I only really worked out one day enough to really have a good sweat. I did juice most mornings for my breakfast. I went out to eat for lunch with a co-worker a couple of times last week.

Did you know that Burger King has a veggie burger??? It tastes really good and you can get it in a combo. Pair it with some sweet potato fries and YUM!!!! They should really promote the veggie burger more because it is the one thing that they have that none of the other big fast food chains have. I had a chicken sandwich and fries from Wendy too. Once for dinner last week, I had a snack wrap and medium fruit smoothie from McDonald's, which together was less than 500 calories. So that wasn't that bad either. I know that if I had cut that down some my loss may have been more but you have to allow yourself these things. Completely depriving yourself of those is generally what makes people not stick to their diets. You have one stressful day or a tragic event and boom, you eat a whole pack of Oreo cookies. It just has to be all in moderation. You have to be discipline enough to know when to stop and to actually stop!

Another reason why I think that people fail at their diets is because they simply think of it as a diet instead of a lifestyle change. Diets are generally temporary and are for losing 20 pounds or less. If you need to loss 50 pounds or more, you need a lifestyle change, something that you can incorporate into your life to be healthier for life, not just a moment. So, moving forward, I am not dieting. I am changing my life. I am saving my life. I am getting to a better me. I very much encourage you to do the same.

That is all for now. Until next time loves!

1 comment:

  1. You are so right in regards to thinking about weight loss as an overall lifestyle change versus a temporary diet. For 2013 my biggest change is cutting out my morning espresso. As much as I love the surgery goodness of a caramel latte with whip, I know how many calories I was drinking every morning. I've officially made the switch to hot tea for my daily routine, and feel much better for it!

    Aslo: veggie burgers are my FAVORITE! Yummmm. :-)

    ReplyDelete