Monday, January 7, 2013

Weight Loss Journey Restart

Good morning loves!!!

Who all made the decision to be healthier this year and lose weight? I know that I make this decision every year, multiple times per year. One thing that I have realize about myself over the years is that I always start strong with the workouts but I don't really follow through with the diet. Being a carb junkie, working out would not help me a whole lot if my eating habits didn't change.

So to change that, I got a juicer. Just a $30 one from the department store. Juicing is a great way to get the servings and nutrients of fruits and vegetables in a quick and easy way. Here are some tips when it comes to juicing.

  • When it comes to juicing, don't over think it. It is basically a throw together of fruit and veggies. 
  • Yes, you need veggies! Try to have a leafy green veggies with each juicing. It makes the juice a funky color but veggies like spinach and kale are light in taste so you will taste more of the fruits than anything.
  • Try to go with fresh fruits and veggies. If you want to use canned fruits, try to get one that are in fruit juices and not syrup. If syrup is the only option at your grocer, pour off the syrup and rinse the fruit twice in water. Canned veggies can be used too, just poor off the water and rinse the veggies since most have some salt added to the water to aid in keeping the veggies fresh. Frozen fruits and veggies are great too but you have to let them unthaw before putting them in the juicer, which would be more trouble than it is worth.
So this morning I weighed in at 267.2. My goal is to get down to about 150. And my first juicing recipe was great! I can't think of a name for it so I am just going to give it to you.

2 handfuls of spinach
1 tomato
2 handful of white grapes
1 banana
4 strawberries.

I drunk it all while typing this so sorry, I don't have a picture!

Have a protein like egg whites and some whole wheat toast with it and you have a very healthy breakfast!

Let me know what you think and share your juicing recipes!!!!

Until next time loves!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Porcha, Ooh that recipe sounds yum! I'm going to give it a go. Here's another recipe I love that you may like. Watermelon, ice cubes, a little milk and a chunk of cucumber. And you can add soya milk to it too if you like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to try that. One of my Facebook friends suggested juicing raddishes. He said that they are awesome fat busters. I will have to pick a couple up this week.

      Well, Biggest Loser is on so I have to get back on my stair stepper!

      Delete