Thursday, August 23, 2012

Weight Loss News and Motivation

So at the start of this summer I weighed 264 lbs. I am now 254 lbs. So I have lost 10 lbs so far, some of which was lost prior to me blogging about my weight loss journey. At the start of the summer there were a pair of denim capris in my closet that I have not been able to get up past my butt and hips in the last two years. With a tiny bit of wiggling, not only did I get them up to my waist, I was able to fasten them up pretty comfortably!!!!!!

I am so excited!!!! I was determined to be able to wear these by the end of the summer and I accomplished that goal!!!!

Now I have to go through my closet and find another item to be my goal by Thanksgiving.

I am looking forward to being under 250 for the first time in years!!!! That is my short term goal to reach by the end of October.

What are your goals???

Until next time loves!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi from the Etsy blogging team! Oh my goodness! That's SO great, congratulations! I know exactly how you feel about finally being able to get back into a pair of pants that haven't fit you for a while. One of my many goals right now is weight loss right now, as well. I have to take a certain kind of medication, and some of the meds in that group can cause significant weight gain. I am 4'10" and last July I weighed 95 lbs when I started the new med. By January I weighed 145 lbs. I couldn't take it any more and asked to switch to a med in the same category that wouldn't make me gain so much weight. Now I'm down to 122 lbs, which is MUCH better for my height. My target is to reach 105 lbs by January. I never thought I'd experience being overweight, since I've always been as thin as a stick, but I have to be on this medication, so that's just a chance I have to take.

    I think that you set some great, obtainable goals for yourself! I hope you continue blogging about your weight loss so people can support you, because that's great encouragement :)

    Jamie
    pipersplacestudio.virb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you were able to get on something else. Having weight gain be out of your direct control like that must have been mind wrenching.

      I plan on keeping it up. Blogging about it seem to help me stay on it because I want to come back and report progress!!!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations and good for you! I'm still with you here. I've lost a total of 16 pounds since the first of the year. The last 8 I've lost the past 30 days. I'm so anxious to start trying on the clothes in my closet because the ones I'm wearing now are starting to get loose.

    Thanksgiving is also one of my next goal spots. My daughter will be here from Delaware and I can't wait to have her see a skinnier mom.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy for you!!! I am sure your daughter will be proud of you!

      A family member is getting married just before Thanksgiving and I have a dress that I have only worn once. I was able to get into it when I wore it but it wasn't necessarily the best look on me then. So I am excited to give it another try.

      Delete