Monday, September 3, 2012

Weight Loss Summary: Week 7

Good evening everyone!!

This post is later than what I normally do. But in the news of a recent death and the mode that it put my mine in, I felt to post something at this very moment.

News just broke about an hour or so ago that Michael Clarke Duncan has past from a heart attack. I loved everything about this guy. From his deep baritone voice to his gentle giant personality both on and off screen to his comedic moments. Did you know that he loved cats??? Most wouldn't expect that from such a big guy.

Now to the mode that the news of his death put me in. Duncan died from a heart attack. Being overweight (not that he was overweight since he was mostly muscle) often leads to heart attacks and strokes. I have not actually worked out in over one week. Yes, I need a whoppin'. So after the cause of his death set in and looking at my own overweight situation, I put on my workout shoes, and did one of my favorite workouts...The Mike Tyson Squats. If you don't know what they are, click here. I did one more set then what I was doing before, which is progress (I am at 10 now)!!!! I love this workout because it worked the larger muscle groups in your body (the three glute muscles, quads, and hamstrings) and it gets your heart rate up. Larger muscle groups burn more calories. Plus I read in a Women's Health article that strength training wins over cardio for losing weight and keeping it off.

I am not even going to bother getting on the scale this week as I have been eating pizza for the last three days. I am a little disappointed in myself but I am motivated to get my rear into gear! lol.

I hope you all have had a better weight loss week than what I had.

Until next time loves!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment