Monday, September 10, 2012

Weight Loss Journey: Week 8

Hey everyone!!! Hope things have been great!

Since my last weigh-in, I have lost 0.3 lbs this week. Hey, a loss is a loss no matter how small!!! Still moving in the right direction. My goal is to be under 250 by the end of this month and I have 3.7 lbs to go!!!!

I got back into working out at home and went on a six mile walk yesterday. Also, once I finished scheduling my posts and updates for the week, I would run in place or do jumping jacks as fast and hard as I could during the commercial breaks. There will be a weight loss tip post about taking advantage of every minute, especially commercial breaks during your favorite shows later this week.

So I stocked my fridge with fruits and bags of salad for this week. I took a tip from a family friend of mine. She told me that everything that a person needs from the grocery store are in the outer aisles. Think about it, your bread (preferably whole grain), fresh fruits and veggies, dairy, meats, and whole foods are usually all on the walls of the store. Your beans, rice (brown rice), and whole grain pasta are usually found in the first two aisle from the produce section. That is the usual set up of a grocery store, however the one that is closest to my house has a very backwards set up. I believe they want to continue for their shoppers to be fat. The first thing that you see when you walk in are chips and cookies (my down fall). But I was strong!!!

How have you done this week? Make any progress? Have any tips to share? I would love to hear about them. Email me at deonanddion@gmail.com.

Until next time loves!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment